Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I know I am the biggest slacker/loser ever

So.. yeah.. about that. Ben is almost two years old. I have been so busy this year that I have forgotten to post any updates, yeah right. I am just too lazy to sign in and work with this complicated blog thing, even though it's so easy, so damn, I really have no excuses huh? Anyways.... let's move on :)


Ben at the beach, Memorial Day weekend 2012


I will try to wrap up the year 2012 in a quick nutshell. I quit my job, am a stay at home mom, start a new job after the new year and we have moved out of our condo and into a new house (with an awesome backyard). Are you tired/bored yet? Ben is still as amazing as ever. He is officially a little man child. Honestly, he is the most hilarious kid ever (so says every mom, about their own child, in the world, ever). He has hair now, so that's good :) It's so funny how bald he really was. I didn't really notice it until I looked back at pictures. Pretty funny. He is talking up a storm. Today he said "butt" for the first time, and wiggled his cute little rear. Funny now, until he's like 3 right? Wink.

We joined a church (I want to be pretty vague, in case someone wants to come kidnap me from church or something, obviously that's pretty rational, right...) last January, and since then Ben has been baptized and started preschool. He goes two days a week and seriously loves it. I seriously love it too. Those 3 hours are precious, precious time.

I could seriously sit here and gush about Ben the whole time, but I won't do that to you, although I'm pretty sure the only people that read this are my parents, so they would totally appreciate it.. anyways. I'll just do a quick recap of Ben's year and leave the nitty gritty deats up to other individual posts.

Ben is talking. Like, full on words, sentences, phrases, songs, anything, you name it. Of course when he says milk it sounds like eeek, but who cares? I know he means milk, so that's all that matters. Some words he is saying clearly: hey, bye, Chris, Lawren, mommy, daddy, Bec Bec, pops, Lolly, ball, house, wow, woof woof, butt, eye, nose, giraffe (impressed yet?), cat, anthropology (just kidding)... anyways, you get the point! He's a little genius baby! ;) His favorite songs are "Row Row Row Your Boat", "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Little Bunny Foo Foo". Love. He does all of the hand motions and everything. Super cute. I am a terribly proud mom and love bragging as you can see. I only like telling the world the good stuff so I will leave out the tantrums and the non sleeping (still) and the never-sitting-through-a-meal-ever-at-a-restaurant-ever parts... but regardless. A child comes with all of the bells and whistles, that includes the good, bad and ugly, and you, as a parent, have to roll with it, or else your child will seriously take you down.. I am not joking. They will take.you.down. Like literally, at the food court at the mall Ben one time wrestled my sister to the ground. Good Lord that boy is strong.


Ben loves playing outside, is totally into construction equipment, Elmo, and Winnie the Pooh. His favorite show is still Little Einsteins. He is really into Santa this year too, which is fun. Every time he sees someone/something wearing a version of Santa's red hat he says "ho ho ho". And since I've started playing Christmas music in the car he won't let me drive two feet without screaming "HO HO" until I turn it to his favorite song, "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". Evan and I cannot wait til Christmas morning. Santa is surely going to be good to that little boy!

Speaking of, we are HOSTING CHRISTMAS at our house this year. YAY! Ben gets to wake up in his own bed (who the h*#$ am I kidding, he will wake up in mom and dad's bed) and get to walk into our living room to see what Santa brought! So exciting!!! Love getting to be a kid again through Ben's eyes. It's one of my favorite parts about parenting.

So, I truly hope I can keep up more regular blogging. It's so fun to go back and read each of my previous posts... There is so much I can't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment